rlm_exec use

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 19 21:59:49 CET 2008

T Kid82 wrote:
> I got this from the comments in exec-program-wait (which has been
> deprecated) where it explains how to use rlm_exec. It says,
>
> "An entry for the module 'rlm_exec' must be added to the file
> 'radiusd.conf' with the path of the script."

  Yes... but from the debug output you posted, it looks like you deleted
everything *else*.

>> Why would this let all users through?
> I thought that since I am always returning 3 to the server, that this
> would let all users pass through.

  Could you explain why you think that?  None of the documentation or
default configuration files say that.  Note that the module return code
"OK" or "success" does NOT mean "let the user in without checking their
password".

>> you didn't set Auth-Type
> Where do I set the Auth-Type. Can you provide a sample code snippet on
> how to do this? Or perhaps a link to the doc.

  You set Auth-Type just like setting any other attribute.  See "man
unlang" for examples.