auth-type local trouble in 2.0.1

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Mar 24 17:52:07 CET 2008

Oleg Kozheltsev wrote:
> And for accounting Exec-Program don't work anymore... So I create exec
> acc_call { program = "" } module too (with auth_call module).
> Now I with freeradius 2.0.1 :)

  If you list "exec" in the "post-auth" section, then Exec-Program and
Exec-Program-Wait will work again for authentication requests.

  But generally, you should use the "unlang" feature to run programs.
It's much more flexible than using Exec-Program.  See "man unlang".

> TEST            Cleartext-Password := "TEST"
>                 h323-return-code =
`%{auth_call:/home/corp/aaa/auth_test h323_return_code}`,
>                  h323-prompt-id =
`%{auth_call:/home/corp/aaa/auth_test h323_prompt_id}`,
>                 Cisco-AVPair = `%{auth_call:/home/corp/aaa/auth_test
h323_ivr_in}`

  This will be very inefficient.  What is the program doing?