new dictionary problem....

Cristian Novac cristian.novac at alcatel-lucent.ro
Tue Mar 25 11:17:46 CET 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Cristian Novac wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I know there already was this problem posted on the list, but I still
>> have problems adding a new dictionary file to freeradius;
>>

>   Can you explain what the problems are?
>

>> Could anyone please state the steps I have to follow to manually attach
>> a new dictionary to my installed freeradius.
>>

>   See raddb/dictionary.  There are examples in it.
>
>   Do you have *specific* questions?

I simply added a file named dictionary.xx in the share/freeradius dir
which contains some attribute declarations; for ex:
ATTRIBUTE       SFid                            11      octets
I mentioned this file (dictionary.xx) in the dictionary file: $INCLUDE
dictionary.xx
I also added some code to freeradius2.0 for some specific issue I have
to solve; Here in my code, I call da=dict_attrbyname(myattr) function;
It works well for attributes defined in other dictionaries than mine;but
For SFid (my attribute), the da->attr field has the value
1622474763(da->attr=1622474763) instead of 11 after the call of
dict_attrbyname(..) function.
That's why I thought my dictionary wasn't well installed(because this
function, used in the same place, works ok for any other attribute from
other dictionary, if passed as parameter)

Thank you again for your attention and I hope you may help.