vmps documentation?

bmccorkle network.administrator at gahanna.gov
Thu Mar 27 14:46:16 CET 2008

Can someone point me to documentation on how to use vmps in freeradius 2?
I've googled for documents but only find a few discussions on the topic
(mostly from this forum).  I get the part on adding the listen section in
radiusd.conf so the server listens for vmps requests.  However, I'm having
trouble understanding the actual coding to do the comparison of the mac
address in the request against the mac address list.  Also, the one or two
examples I have seen seem to use a mysql database to store the mac
addresses.  Can freeradius use a simple text file to store the mac addresses
for comparison or do they need to be stored in a database?