Freeradius and poprelayd - any ideas please

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Fri Mar 28 13:33:36 CET 2008

Bill Brunton wrote:
> So - if I could have freeradius add the IP to the popip database when
> they log in, it would make everyone much happier, especially me.
>
> I think it should be an easy thing to do...

I think we did something like that in the lab about 6 years ago and
never deployed it.  IIRC, we ran a command line script out of acct_users
(see /etc/raddb/acct_users; look for Exec-Program).  I believe the
pop-before-relay server we were using had a command line interface to
let us update the database, and I think we set the expiration time to
about 15 minutes.

Regards,

	Richard Siddall