Deny AD groups

rmp dmd rmp.dmd1229 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 18:21:38 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have a security group in AD 'noremote' that I would like to deny VPN
access.

Reading the FAQ, I edit users to include

DEFAULT Group == "noremote", Auth-Type := Reject
                Reply-Message = "Your account is not allowed."
but this doesn't work.

I also tried below which I based on my previous query to deny AD
users (this is working)

DEFAULT         Group == "noremote", MS-CHAP-Use-NTLM-Auth := 0,Auth-Type :=
Reject
                Reply-Message = "Your account is not allowed."

but still doesn't work.

I'm not sure how the group should be used. So I also tested including the
domain such as
Group==DOMAIN\\noremote, Group==DOMAIN+noremote but still no success.

Thanks in advance!
Roehl