HOWTO PEAP + FreeRadius + XP Client

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu May 1 18:47:54 CEST 2008

George KNIGHT wrote:
> Running radiusd -X command as a root gives me the following error
> message as I posted here yesterday;

  And the permissions on that directory are... ?

> It says a 'permission denied'  and you asked me earlier if I was running
> the command as a root, which the answer is yes. So, how can I overcome
> this problem?

  Can you look at the directory as root, from the shell?

  In this case, the server is just calling OpenSSL... which calls the
normal file API.  If that returns "no permission", OpenSSL is at the
mercy of the file system, and FreeRADIUS is at the mercy of OpenSSL.

  If worse comes to worse, for testing do:

$ cd /etc/raddb
$ chmod -R ug+rwx .