Suggestion for modules directory

Jim L. jdl at imaginenet.net
Fri May 2 17:19:28 CEST 2008

If the FreeRADIUS team monitors this list, I have a small suggestion. Along
with the sites-available/sites-enabled directories, I would like to suggest
a similar configuration for the modules section. I have added this to our
servers and placed all of my custom module sections in corresponding
configuration files under the modules directory. As with the sites
directories, this allows me to make less modifications to radiusd.conf.
Also, I can easily split up the per-site module configurations into separate
module files. I do not know if something like
modules-available/modules-enabled is really necessary. Perhaps just
"$INCLUDE modules/" in under the modules section would be sufficient.

Thanks,

Jim Lohiser