Redundant LDAP Servers

Jason Traeden jtraeden at overstock.com
Fri May 2 21:15:51 CEST 2008

On 5/2/08 12:45 PM, "Alan DeKok" <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Jason Traeden wrote:
>> That did not work ether. Is there a better way to achieve ldap redundancy?
>
>   Force Auth-Type = LDAP.  But it would be best to have this required in
> as few situations as possible.
>
>> I have attached the log output from when I started radiusd -X and the login
>> failure.
>
> rlm_ldap: Over-riding set_auth_type, as there is no module ldap listed
> in the "authenticate" section.
>
>   So... you don't have:
>
> authenticate {
> Auth-Type LDAP {
> redundant {
> ad01
> ad02
> }
> }
> }
So I do have the authenticate section
authenticate {
Auth-Type LDAP {
redundant {
ad01
ad02

And I still get the following errors
rlm_ldap: Over-riding set_auth_type, as there is no module ad02 listed in
the "authenticate" section.
rlm_ldap: Over-riding set_auth_type, as there is no module ad01 listed in
the "authenticate" section.

It is acting like the modules ad01 and ad02 are not loading right.

Thanks

Jason