Weird shared secret issues

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun May 4 17:46:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

> 	It still leaves one item open. I can't seem to get radclient to
> be able to take the NAS-IP-Address and then the secret for that NAS-IP-Address.
> It seems no matter what, it wants to use the secret for the localhost. Is
> this how its supposed to work, or is there a bug somewhere?

man radclient

Packet-Dst-IP-Address   - if this attribute is present in the request then
the packet will be sent to that address.  ie it wont go to 127.0.0.1
if you specify the real IP of the server.  alternately, use the IP address
of the server and not its canonical 'localhost' which will always be 127.0.0.1
unless you've played with the systems IP stack.....

alan