Weird shared secret issues

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Sun May 4 19:16:35 CEST 2008

If you have a spare box on a local network, switch that supports VLANs
and a router that can tag VLANs - you can spoof the whole outside
network with simple IP/VLAN configuration:

configure a gateway IP interface for the network you want to spoof on
your router and tag it with testing VLAN ID - that will create a locally
connected routing table entry - no creative manual entries needed

configure testing VLAN ID on the switchport to which you will connect the
testing box

configure IP you want to spoof on the testing box

That shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Just make sure that you remove
the spoofed gateway interface from the router after testing in order to
be able to use the real network.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP