PAM for RADIUS

Nick Owen nowen at wikidsystems.com
Wed May 7 17:04:26 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Ravi setty <ravisetti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    We are trying to authenticate Solaris box using RADIUS user
>  accounts, and configured PAM to send ssh requests to RADIUS.
>  Eventhough RADIUS accepts the user request by sending Access-Accept
>  packet, ssh is not logging in to the system.
>
>  Can anybody know what to configure to make Radius users to login to solaris box.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Ravi

Ravi:

It sounds like this is more of a PAM issue than radius.  I know
nothing about PAM on Solaris, but perhaps it is your pam.d/sshd file.
You might get more info on the PAM list or from Sun.  In your
pam.d/sshd file, check the setting for account and session.  Does your
log say that the user is being authenticated?  What messages are you
getting?

hth.

nick

Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
404.962.8983
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication