Can't get the value of 'Digest-User-name', 'Digest-Realm', 'Digest-Method', 'Digest-Uri', 'Digest-Nonce'.

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Mon May 12 13:37:56 CEST 2008

>    I check all the clients attributes and start sending the Digest
>attributes.. now the problem is I can't get those attributes in my perl code
>by accessing using RAD_REQUEST or RAD_CHECK

Well, perl is running before digest so it can't get decoded attributes.

>, so that I can calculate my ha1,
>ha2 for md5 encryption.

Calculate them from what? Where is password for this user stored?

>  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type DIGEST
>auth: type "digest"
>+- entering group authenticate
>rlm_digest: Cleartext-Password or Digest-HA1 is required for authentication.
>++[digest] returns invalid
>auth: Failed to validate the user.

How about you forget perl altogether and use existing digest module
first. Add one of those passwords to users file entry for this user and
it will work. I am not sure what is your perl module supposed to do
(apart from getting the attributes from the request).

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP