Move from text to SQL(Postgresql)

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Tue May 13 02:20:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

	I've got a new install, and I have it working fine with plain text
files. I'm trying to go this time to Postgresql (Don't ask....) and I'm
just not having a good time of it. I don't get why its doing the following
(2.0.4 with Postgresql 8.1.11) :

Ready to process requests.
        User-Name = "tuc"
        User-Password = "ICANSEE"
        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.3.128
        NAS-Port = 1812
+- entering group authorize
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "tuc", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix] returns noop
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
++[unix] returns updated
++[files] returns noop
        expand: %{User-Name} -> tuc
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user --> 'tuc'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
        expand: SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, Op   FROM radcheck   WHERE Username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'   ORDER BY id -> SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, Op   FROM radcheck   WHERE Username = 'tuc'   ORDER BY id
rlm_sql_postgresql: query: SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, Op   FROM radcheck   WHERE Username = 'tuc'   ORDER BY id
rlm_sql_postgresql: Status: PGRES_TUPLES_OK
rlm_sql_postgresql: query affected rows = 1 , fields = 5
rlm_sql (sql): User found in radcheck table
        expand: SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, Op   FROM radreply   WHERE Username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'   ORDER BY id -> SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, Op   FROM radreply   WHERE Username = 'tuc'   ORDER BY id
rlm_sql_postgresql: query: SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, Op   FROM radreply   WHERE Username = 'tuc'   ORDER BY id
rlm_sql_postgresql: Status: PGRES_TUPLES_OK
rlm_sql_postgresql: query affected rows = 1 , fields = 5
        expand: SELECT GroupName FROM radusergroup WHERE UserName='%{SQL-User-Name}' ORDER BY priority -> SELECT GroupName FROM radusergroup WHERE UserName='tuc' ORDER BY priority
rlm_sql_postgresql: query: SELECT GroupName FROM radusergroup WHERE UserName='tuc' ORDER BY priority
rlm_sql_postgresql: Status: PGRES_TUPLES_OK
rlm_sql_postgresql: query affected rows = 0 , fields = 1
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
++[sql] returns ok
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
++[pap] returns updated
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type
auth: type "PAP"
+- entering group PAP
rlm_pap: login attempt with password "ICANSEE"
rlm_pap: Using CRYPT encryption.
rlm_pap: Passwords don't match
++[pap] returns reject
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect (rlm_pap: CRYPT password check failed): [tuc/ICANSEE] (from client localhost port 1812)
  Found Post-Auth-Type Reject
+- entering group REJECT
        expand: %{User-Name} -> tuc
 attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
Delaying reject of request 0 for 1 seconds

	Why does it head to crypt? I have in radcheck :

Welcome to psql 8.1.11, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

radius=> select * from radcheck;
 id | username |     attribute      | op |  value
  2 | tuc      | Cleartext-Password | := | ICANSEE
(1 row)

radius=>

		Thanks, Tuc