0 Session Length, radrelay or Freeradius causing issues

Etienne Pretorius etiennep at kingsley.co.za
Tue May 13 09:57:49 CEST 2008

Hello List,

I have asked this before
(http://readlist.com/lists/lists.freeradius.org/freeradius-users/1/7788.html)
and Alan DeKok did say that I should place those accounting packets in a
different Acct-Type, but that was when I did not wish to log the
information but I now need to log the information and replicate to all
radius servers.

I need to know why the radrelay application stops replacation when it
comes across a 0 session length packet.
This morning I found a 40Mb backlog file for each server and realised
that it was the 0 session-length packet again.

I know FreeRadius does complain about it but it still logs this
accounting packet into the sql database. So is it because FreeRadius
indicates that an error (0 Session Length?). If so could I not just
somehow tell FreeRadius to stop complaining and just accept the stupid
packet. (As I am passing configurable triggers via 0 session length
radius packets).
--

Kind Regards

Etienne Pretorius