Load testing tool recommendation

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue May 13 18:28:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Hmm.. I *am* referencing the radius server with FQDN ... Lemme flip that switch and see what I get to play with ...
>
> Good catch .. It's letting me ship some more packets through per second.. no final figures yet, but starting to hit 5k pkts/sec, though the radius server is still not sweating nearly as much as I want it to (sitting between 12-15% CPU, and client system is maxing itself out trying to keep up, and the clients is a bigger machine than the server) ...

:-) ah. joys.

there might be issues with networking stack dealing with those numbers
of new connections per sec- plenty of online resources that will
tweak those aspects of the stack but you may need to launch several
client threads to get this ramping up - dont forget, the server
itself is multithreaded and generally its 3rd party auth bits
(mysql, postgres, AD etc) that will be the deciding factor.

alan