Multiple ldap servers

Jean Frontin frontin at irit.fr
Wed May 14 09:50:00 CEST 2008

Hello,

After several hours of research I don't understand howto configure
FreeRadius to use two ldap servers. With only one ldap server all is OK !

I run FreeRadius 1.1.7 under Fedora core 8. Below I present you a
radiusd.conf extract and a logof a session. In the og I put a start at
the beginning of lines which I don't understand.

Thanks you for your help

---- radiusd.conf extracts
modules {
	ldap ldap1 {
	ldap ldap2 {

authorize {
Autz-Type ldap_1 {
	ldap1
}
Autz-Type ldap_2 {
	ldap2

authenticate {
	Auth-Type ldap_1 {
		ldap1
	}
	Auth-Type ldap_2 {
		ldap2

----------- log extracts
rlm_ldap: Registering ldap_groupcmp for ldap1-Ldap-Group
rlm_ldap: Registering ldap_xlat with xlat_name ldap1
* rlm_ldap: Over-riding set_auth_type, as we're not listed in the
"authenticate" section.
rlm_ldap: Registering ldap_groupcmp for ldap2-Ldap-Group
rlm_ldap: Registering ldap_xlat with xlat_name ldap2
* rlm_ldap: Over-riding set_auth_type, as we're not listed in the
"authenticate" section.
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0
* auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [myname/password] (from client XXX port 0)
--
Jean Frontin<BR>
System team<BR>