freeradius-2.0.3 not talking to mysql-5.1

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed May 14 17:51:15 CEST 2008

NPY wrote:
> I notice when running 'radiusd -X' that no module rlm_sql_mysql was
> loaded. Is that a problem?
> How do I resolve it?

  Ensure that the MySQL client libraries and headers are installed, and
then re-build the server.

  Also, un-comment the references to SQL in the configuration files.  It
appears you haven't done that, so I have no idea why you would expect it
to use SQL.

  If you do un-comment the reference to SQL in the config files, the
server will look for the MySQL libraries.  If they've been built, the
server will use them.  If not, it will complain.