freeRADIUS and WPA-2 Enterprise

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed May 14 20:10:33 CEST 2008

Hi,
> All,
>
> I have recently set up a freeRADIUS v2 server and would like some help
> configuring the server to use WPA-2 Enterprise. I was wondering if anyone
> had any tutorials, .conf files, etc. that would assist me in setting up my
> server with the correct configuration. I have noticed some help on the
> Internet, but most of the help is directed towards freeRADIUS v1, so I need
> v2-specfic help. Thanks.

a lot of the things regarding authorization, authentication,
SQL and LDAP is true for v2 as it is for v1

when you say 'set up a freeradius v2 server' what have you done?
ouyt of the box as a straight install, FR2 is ready to handle
WPA2-enterprise.  all you need to do is install your own certs,
or make the default ones longer lasting and suitable for you (by
editing the server.cnf and client.cnf stuff and rerunning the
bootstrap), then add NAS devices to clients.conf and ensure
that the authentication you want to use is configured correctly.

whatever you do, dont madly hack and edit down the default config files!

alan