Feature request procedure?

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Fri May 16 18:00:16 CEST 2008

> "Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET" <ml at t-b-o-h.net> writes:
>
> > 	Is there a procedure to follow to ask for a new feature to be added?
>
> AFAIK:
>  - develop a patch
>  - create a bug report requesting the new feature
>  - attach the patch to the report

	Only issue with that is sql.c is written in, well, C. Unfortunately,
sans one module I wrote in C for AT&T in the 90's (To make a Telephone
Switch act like a web server) I don't program C. If you want it in perlized,
just change :

		 fputs(querystr, sqlfile);

		 fputs(time." - ".querystr, sqlfile);

	and it'd work for me. I can run Date::Manip to translate to a proper
format.

> I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you want to do, but if the
> only thing you need is a modification timestamp, and you are using
> MySQL, then you can make MySQL do this for you: Just add a "timestamp"
> type column to the radacct table.  MySQL will automatically update it
> whenever an entry is modified.  See
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/timestamp.html

	I'm planning to do that already... But I also need to see in the
sqltrace file the timestamp it claims the command was done too. The
"timestamp" column would only be able to tell me the last time it happened.
I need to see the interim ones which sqltrace would show me, and the time
it actually did it. Right now the "querystr" doesn't have the time it
actually occurs.

		Thanks, Tuc