freeRADIUS and WPA-2 Enterprise

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat May 17 14:05:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

> We are trying to setup WPA2 Enterprise authentication to work with the
> FreeRadius server. We have configured EAP-PEAP authentication. We have
> installed all the certificates and corrected the EAP.conf certificate paths.
> We tried to connect from the supplicant from Windows XP. Windows asked for
> the login/password and this is the output of the radiusd -X. The user is
> configured in the users file. We couldn't see any error, however the
> authentication didn't succeed.

i see you have th user in your unix password file - what type
of password is stored there? with PEAP, you cannot auth against
a plain password.  also, you say you 'installed the certificates
and corrected the eap.conf certificate paths' - what certs did you
install, how did you make them?  what was wrong with the paths?
why did you not just put the certs in the $raddb/certs directory?

alan