Freeradius and Active directory

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 20 13:15:10 CEST 2008

Tomáš Janeček wrote:
> Yes, something like that, but working. I've walked through this exact
> article about 10 times during last two months, but never made it:-(
>
> I'm really looking for working howto for months...

  Please explain what's going wrong.  Use debug output.

  If the NAS is doing CHAP, then authenticating to AD is *impossible*.
See the following web page:

http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html

  Fix the NAS so that it uses one of the support authentication types.
Stop trying to re-configure the server to do something impossible.  It's
*impossible*.

  For the supported authentication types, it's easy.  Follow the
HOW-TO's, and it will work.