freeradius not working with AD

Karthik R kartthikr at gmail.com
Wed May 21 03:09:33 CEST 2008

Alan,

I reconfigured freeradius from scratch and when generated the ca.der
certificate it generates the certificate valid for only 30 days. The
default days mentioned in ca.cnf has been modified to 730 days, but still no
luck. Additionally modified openssl.cnf too for 730 days.

default_days            = 730
default_crl_days        = 30

Pls let me know if this validity matters ?

On 5/19/08, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Karthik R wrote:
> > I'm trying to configure freeradius to authenticate against AD for
> > wireless users. Attached the entire log message for reference.
> >
> > I was able to narrow down the issue but could not fix it, can someone
> > help me here.
>
> You edited the default configuration and broke it.
>
> DON'T DO THAT.
>
> The default configuration WORKS for wireless users.  Add a user as per
> the FAQ, uncheck "validate server certificate" on the wireless client,
> and wireless authentication WILL WORK.
>
> Then, configure the MSCHAP module, and Samba.  See my web site for
> detailed instructions.: http://deployingradius.com
>
> Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See