Dynamic VLAN and FreeRadius

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed May 21 09:59:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I am trying to get the RADIUS server to not only authenticating the
> supplicant, but providing the NAS with a VLAN ID. I have tried certain
> resources and haven't been able to receive the VLAN ID. Can any provide any
> help in this area?

depends on your NAR - you need to send back the correct return attributes -
eg use the users file, or populate the SQL radreply table with the things you need.

for example, a Cisco device would want the tunnel medium type, type and
private group id

   Tunnel-Medium-Type = "IEEE-802"
   Tunnel-Type = "VLAN"
   Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = "100"

this would tell the NAS to put the user onto VLAN 100

alan