Configuring authentication against mysql

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat May 24 12:24:05 CEST 2008

Pete Kay wrote:
> I am using Free Radius 2.0.4, in my radiusd.conf, I have added the
> authorize and authenticate sections inside the module section,

  Huh?  Why would you do that?  The default authorize and authenticate
sections are in sites-enabled/default.  Look there.

> but I
> still can't authenticate user.   I don't know how to configure
> radiusd.conf to get it to work.

  See sites-enabled/default for examples of using SQL.  Look for "sql".

> Here is part of my radiusd.conf
>
> server {        # line to add
>         authorize {
>                 preprocess
>                 auth_log
>                 chap

  Either you've edited it massively from the default, or you've edited
it to post it to the list.  PLEASE don't do more than minor edits to the
default configuration.  It works.  It's designed to work.  It's designed
to give examples and comments about the changes needed to get it to work
with SQL, LDAP, etc.
> radiusd: #### Loading Virtual Servers ####
> server inner-tunnel {
> }
> server {

  This one is in sites-enabled/default.  Use that.

  Don't put a virtual server in radiusd.conf.