is there normal way to create a user that can not log on until a future date?

Paul Bartell paul-bartell at ubuntu.com
Tue May 27 06:10:47 CEST 2008

you could probably set up a crontab job to delete entries in the SQL
database, unless there is a simpler way.

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Rob Fowler <radius at mianos.com> wrote:
> I am setting up a hotspot in a cafe that is not very high tech.
> They offer free wifi in a well known cafe down here in Darlinghurst Sydney
> (All radius users welcome :) )
>
> To prevent abuse I was planning on making daily access keys.
> The idea was to make a year of them and print them in a book.
> The first person in would simply look up the date in the secret book
> put it into the cash register to print on the receipt.
>
> Setting the 'Expiration' time is simple (and works well) but I want to
> prevent someone
> from simply copying a key far in the future and using it until then so I
> want to make each
> key only valid for a day.
> (Yes I know this does not prevent them from photocopying the whole book,
> but that's a lot harder than getting a key for this time next year)
> Ideally everyone for that day will get the same key
> (I made an application to populate the database with simple two word
> tokens).
>
> I think I can probably do it with the SQL interface by only selecting from
> 'check
> records' that are current but is there a 'proper' way to do this?
> Surely a dialup ISP would set a 'start date', before which a user can not
> log in?
>
> Sorry if this has already been answered but I have searched
> the list and don't seem to be able to find a term that will give me an
> answer.
>
> - Rob Fowler - Sydney
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the
present controls the past." - 1984

Random quote of the week/month/whenever i get to updating it: "Don't
worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will have
to ram it down their throats."
 - Howard Aiken