mod_auth_radius bus errors

Rick rickbu at gmail.com
Wed May 28 18:48:43 CEST 2008

Hi all,

   I'm attempting to use mod_auth_radius (the cvs string is out-of-date,
but it's the latest from freeradius.org for Apache 1.3),  to
authenticate to a Safeword RADIUS server, but when I authenticate,
Apache bus errors - on auth failure, however, it doesn't.  There's
nothing useful logged, and no core file, basically, the server thinks
I've authenticated, and Apache logs:

[Date time] [notice] child pid 9819 exit signal Bus Error (10)

And the web page I'm trying to access is never displayed (Unable to
display web page error.)

This is on a Solaris 10 / SPARC box - wondering if there may be some
network byte-ordering issue?

Anyway, if anyone has seen this before, and know what I'm doing wrong,
would appreciate any assistance.

Best regards,
Rick