FR2.0.3 - UCD-SNMP 4.2.7 communication does not work on 64 bits Freebsd (but does on 32 bit Freebsd)

Thomas Fagart tfagart at brozs.net
Wed May 28 21:46:59 CEST 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Thomas Fagart wrote:
>
>>>   A better solution is to allow the server to put the statistics into
>>> RADIUS packets.  That way any SNMP interaction can be in a separate
>>> program, which simplifies life enormously.
>>>
>> I don't understand properly, do you mean that you could proxy "statistics
>> packet" to another freeradius  ?
>>

>   No.
>

>> Which SNMP agent will you poll to get statistics then ?
>>

>   An SNMP agent could send RADIUS packets to FreeRADIUS to get the
> statistics it needs.  This MAY be simpler than adding an SNMP agent to
> FreeRADIUS.

Ok I get it now,  then the question could be, is there any open source
software (net-snmp patches or sub programs ?) that could do what you
describe (enabling radius packet generation while being polled, waiting
for radiusd answer and then response to the get oid).

Will that be compliant with radius mibs ?
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Thomas