FreeRadius 2.0.4 - problems with LDAP and Sonicwall...

aprotector aprotector at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 21:34:11 CEST 2008

I've been trying to get my freeradius server to work with an Netscape LDAP
server and authenticate users when they connect via VPN to our Sonicwall
gateway. I have set the Sonicwall as a client so the radius recognizes it
and then adjusted the radiusd.conf. However, when I try to authenticate an
LDAP user from the sonicwall it will say the authentication failed and the
radius shows the following messages:

---------- (running in radiusd -X)

        User-Name = "testuser"
        User-Password = "testing"
        NAS-IP-Address = sonicwallIP
        NAS-Port = 0
+- entering group authorize
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "testuser", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix] returns noop
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
++[unix] returns notfound
++[files] returns noop
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.
++[pap] returns noop
auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [testuser/testing] (from client sonicwall port 0)
  Found Post-Auth-Type Reject
+- entering group REJECT
        expand: %{User-Name} -> testuser
 attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
Delaying reject of request 0 for 1 seconds
Going to the next request
Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
Sending delayed reject for request 0
Waking up in 4.9 seconds.