EAP - TLS Client Certification Stored Removable Media

Paul TAVERNIER paul.tavernier at ac-rouen.fr
Tue Nov 4 17:45:27 CET 2008

Ayd?n KOÇAK wrote:
> Hello All;
> I have a question about EAP - TLS . How can I configure client certification stored from removable media (ex: usb memor, smartcard, etc..).
> I have already used EAP - TLS with client certification stored on Windows (cliet) but i need a solution that user can authenticate when insert his usb memory
> and logout when remove his usb memory ?

it depends on the supplicant used. If you use Windows Supplicant , in
the wireless configuration tab,

1) select your ssid associated with your EAP-TLS auth,
2) click on "settings" button
3) click on Authentication tab
4) On the EAP Type dropdown list, select "smartcard support" instead of PEAP
5) Click on "settings"
6) Click on the radio button "Use my smartcard"

It work here with Gemalto tokens or Rainbow ikey3000 tokens...It only
asks the users their PINCode to join wireless lan(You first have to
install the middleware/driver of your smartcard of course)

Hope this helps
Paul

--
Paul TAVERNIER