radiusd -x gives error "Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql"

hsuan hsuan at nchc.org.tw
Thu Nov 6 12:22:40 CET 2008

Hi all:

I have installed freeradius-server-2.1.1. when I start the radius server
using radiusd -x  I got the following error message :

Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: rlm_sql_mysql.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the search path of
your system's ld.

/usr/local/etc/raddb/sql.conf[22]: Instantiation failed for module "sql"

/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[152]: Failed to find module
"sql".

/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[62]: Errors parsing authorize
section.

 }

Errors initializing modules

What's the problem ? How can I solve the problem ?

P.s  freeradius version : freeradius-server-2.1.1

OS : Centos 5.2

Thanks for any help

Regards

Vicky