Freeradius error: "Discarding conflicting packet"

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:37:37 CET 2008

2008/11/5 aland <aland at deployingradius.com>:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 12:43:07AM -0200, Sergio Belkin wrote:
>> OK, AP's are broken, now with best regards, how I convince to my boss
>> that he should buy more than 30 new AP's, should I tell him... "read
>> the freeradius mailing list"?
>
>  Tell him that I co-wrote RFC 5080, which says that these AP's are
> broken:
>
>   When sending requests, RADIUS clients MUST NOT reuse Identifiers for
>   a source IP address and source UDP port until either a valid response
>   has been received, or the request has timed out.
>
>  These AP's violate the standards, and are broken.  I know, because my
> name is on the standards.
>
>  My name is also on the RADIUS "guidelines" document, which says how
> people should use RADIUS in the future.  And my name is going on 3-4
> other RADIUS standards.
>
>  So it's not "people on the FreeRADIUS list told me", but instead "the
> people who wrote the standards say that the AP is broken".
>
>  Alan DeKok.
>
> -

Alan, thanks, That's really a quite convincing answer :)

Of course I believe you , but please understand me, It's hard to me to
realize that either Linksys make non-standard products or OpenWRT
(white russian) developers had made such a mistake.

So, I'd be glad to know what AP's are standard compliant.... is there a list?

Open Kairos http://www.openkairos.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
Sergio Belkin -