radiusd -x gives error "Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: rlm_sql_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

hsuan hsuan at nchc.org.tw
Fri Nov 7 02:34:40 CET 2008

Hi all :

I have install freeradius-server-2.1.1 and mysql using "yum -y install
mysql-server mysql-devel".

But  when I start the radius server using radiusd -x I get the following
message :

Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: rlm_sql_mysql.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the search path of
your system's ld.
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sql.conf[22]: Instantiation failed for module "sql"
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[152]: Failed to find module
"sql".
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[62]: Errors parsing authorize
section
.
 }
Errors initializing modules

What's the problem ? How can I to solve the problem ?

Thanks for any help

Regards
Vicky