Service-Type based on Unix group of the user

Artur Rodrigues arturhoo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 15:22:49 CET 2008

 Hi,

I am running FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.7 for host i386-redhat-linux-gnu and I
have finally managed to get it to work. I use Allied Telesyn routers and
used SSH to authenticate to it. To get a more flexible method I decided to
go to Radius authentication, using the passwd of the server in wich
FreeRADIUS is installed to authenticate the people who need to access the
router. Each person who access it have an Unix account on the server.

My users file is:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
        Service-Type = 7,
        Login-Service = Telnet

The main problem now is that not everyone who have an account in the server
should be able to access the router. So I wanted to change the Service-Type
parameter according to the group of each user. Is that possible?

Thank you for your support and sorry for the bad english.