Freeradius and old ACC/Ericsson Tigris

Ian Harper idharper at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 16:51:44 CET 2008

I am upgrading an old machine to a newer version of FreeRadius and i am
having a few problems.

on old system the user file was similar to:

     user1      Password="whatever"
     user2      Password="kdkdkd"
     etc

I hae ried to copy this idea over to the new version along with the old
dictionaries but its not working, it reports everything is ok but when we
dial in to authenticate using radiusd -X we get messages reporting

No authenticate method (Auth-Type) config found for the request, what should
I set it to ?

also if I try a radtest using same username/password, it reports unknown
attribute User-Password.

Anyone help me with this ?

Thanks

Ian