FreeRADIUS + OpenLDAP + MSCHAPv2

Tim Gustafson tjg at soe.ucsc.edu
Fri Nov 14 18:54:08 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm running FreeRADIUS on a shiny-new CentOS 5.2 machine.

I'm trying to figure out how to configure FreeRADIUS to authenticate against an OpenLDAP server using MSCHAPv2.  I Googled a lot of different phrases, and came up with some things that were mildly helpful.  Right now, I have FreeRADIUS authenticating against the LDAP server without using MSCHAPv2, but I'm not understanding how to now activate the MSCHAPv2 part.

Can anyone point me towards some information about activating MSCHAPv2 in this kind of setup?

Tim Gustafson
SOE Webmaster
UC Santa Cruz
tjg at soe.ucsc.edu