ldap backend and Realm

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Mon Nov 17 13:23:36 CET 2008

>I use unlang, here is my configuration radiusd.conf:
>
>modules {

>ldap
>            switch "%{Realm}" {
>            case dr4.cnrs.fr  {

1. What version is this? Unlang works onl y in 2.x? ldap is not in
radiusd.conf in that version any more.

2. unlang works in server not module configuration files. Create a
temporary attribute to store basedn in raddb/dictionary file (lets say a
string My-BaseDN). Than do this just before ldap in authorize:

switch "%{Realm}" {
   case "dr4.cnrs.fr" {
      update control {
         My-BaseDN = "ou=people,dc=dr4,dc=cnrs,dc=fr"
   case ...
}

In ldap module configuration:

ldap {
   server = "ldapauth.cnrs-gif.fr"
   identity = "uid=Manager,%{control:My-BaseDN}"
   password = whatever
   basedn = "%{control:My-BaseDN}"
..
}

If password also changes you will need another temp attribute (lets say
My-Password) to update with My-BaseDN and to replace for "whatever".

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP