Fail to disable the Simultanous-use, somebody help me.

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Thu Nov 20 11:30:35 CET 2008

>Sending Access-Accept of id 148 to 10.249.59.188 port 2155
..
>rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host 10.249.59.188 port 2155, id=149, length=78
>        Acct-Status-Type = Start
>        Acct-Session-Id = "NS-0000004a"
>        NAS-IP-Address = 10.249.59.188
>        NAS-Port = 74
>        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
>        User-Name = "qid0001"
>        Acct-Delay-Time = 0
>        Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
..
>rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host 10.249.59.188 port 2155, id=150, length=78
>        Acct-Status-Type = Stop
>        Acct-Session-Id = "NS-00000046"
>        NAS-IP-Address = 10.249.59.188
>        NAS-Port = 70
>        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
>        User-Name = "qid0001"
>        Acct-Delay-Time = 0
>        Acct-Authentic = RADIUS

Your implementation is quite questionable.

1. There is no Service-Type in access request or accept packets. Or any
VSA reply attribute in accept packet. Shouldn't there be some kind of
authorization there?

2. There is no IP address in the Start packet. Not that unusual when
radius doesn't provide it, but there is no update packet with the IP
address shortly after. Even if you hardcode IP address on the client NAS
should send accounting update when PPP connection is established.

3. There is no Acct-Session-Time or Acct-Termination-Cause in accounting
Stop packet, so it is impossible to say how long the session lasted and
why was it disconnected.

You should look up your NAS documentation to see if this is set up
properly. Then debug the NAS to see what is going on.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP