oracle stored procédure

Alexandre Chapellon alexandre.chapellon at mana.pf
Thu Nov 20 20:30:49 CET 2008

I'm still trying to setup freeradius authentication with oracle stored
procedure.
I have a procedure that return data as i expected it to be returned in
an sqlplus client:

SQL> SELECT hss_radcheck_func('khoa at mana','bas3_SE') FROM DUAL;

HSS_RADCHECK_FUNC('K
--------------------
CURSOR STATEMENT : 1

CURSOR STATEMENT : 1

        ID USERNAME                         ATTRIBUTES
VALUE                            OP
---------- -------------------------------- ------------------
-------------------------------- --
         1 khoa at mana                        Cleartest-Password
mudafuka                         ==
         2 khoa at mana                        Simultaneous_Use
1                                :=

Unfortunatly, when freeradius calls the procedure, it gives me an error
saying:

rlm_sql_oracle: fetch failed in sql_fetch_row: ORA-00932: inconsistent
datatypes: expected CHAR got DTYCWD

What is weird is that we force the procedure to return data as CHAR
(except for ID which is a NUMBER):
here is the nd of the procedure...

OPEN resultSet FOR
            SELECT to_number('1') as ID,
                   to_char(name) as username,
                   to_char('Cleartest-Password') as attributes,
                   to_char(password) as value,
                   to_char('==') as operator
            FROM dual
            union
            SELECT to_number('2') as ID,
                   to_char(name) as username,
                   to_char('Simultaneous_Use') as attributes,
                   to_char(loginlimit) as value,
                   to_char(':=') as operator
            FROM dual

    return resultSet;

I know this is very Oracle related but I am totally stuck now wth this
problem, and so trying to find help, where i can...
Someone who already setup oracle auth may help....

thx