moving from Freeradius 1.1.7 to freeradius 2.1.0

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Fri Nov 21 12:27:58 CET 2008

Now we discovered that out EAP-MD5 clients were no more authenticated!!!
I went through the settings to no avail- then by fluke I discovered(by
fluke ofcourse!!) that if I change ...
><foo at com     Auth-Type :=EAP, User-Password := "bar"> to <foo at com     Auth-Type :=EAP, Cleartext-Password := "bar">
>in users file -My MD5 client were again authenticated!!!

PS. This is documented in users file, README, FAQ and plenty other
places. If you would bother to read documentation included with the
server fluke would have nothing to do with it.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP