rlm_chap: Password check failed

Marwan Sultan dead_line at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 21:35:03 CET 2008

Hello All,

   I'm installing a new FreeBSD server. MySql4.1 php5, Chillispot
   All working fine.
   I have installed freeradius-1.1.7_2

   when I authinticate throu chillispot it always fails with follow
rlm_chap: Setting 'Auth-Type := CHAP'rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4  rlm_chap: login attempt by "manager" with CHAP password  rlm_chap: Using clear text password "emanager09" for user manager authentication.  rlm_chap: Password check failedrad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:61467, id=0, length=217Sending Access-Reject of id 0 to 127.0.0.1 port 61467

  When password..Ofcourse is correct.
  Please note i have copied radiusd.conf clients.conf and sql.conf from a diffrent server which is
  working perfectly. into this new server "identical servers"
  but its not working anymore..

  when I use ntradping for test use..password works fine
  I have tried to search FAQ i couldnot find it..sorry.

  Im sure its a small tweak somewhere..PLEASE advise where is excatly as i need this server
  to be uptonight :(

  What makes me wonder...the same configuration works on diffrent server and here doesnot
  ..but its same files..

   THANK YOU

  M. SUltan.