Bind to ldap with the current auticated user

Ram Akuka ramakuka at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 12:07:01 CET 2008

Hi,
i am trying to bind to LDAP server with my the current auth user ..
so i added the following to the ldap module:

identity = "uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}},ou=people,o=XXX,o=XXX"
password = "%{%{User-Password}:-%{Chap-Password}}"

but insted of compressing the unlang string and using the uid i get
the fallowing error:

rlm_ldap: uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}},ou=people,o=XXX.,o=XXX
bind to LDAPSERVER.XXX.com:389 failed No such object
rlm_ldap: (re)connection attempt failed

can some one help me here and tell me what i am doing wrong here????

thanks in advance ,

Ram