failure to compile 2.1.1 on Redhat ES3

thoralf.freitag at biotronik.com thoralf.freitag at biotronik.com
Tue Nov 25 13:39:51 CET 2008

>A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
>> just tried to compile FR 2.1.1 on a more vintage system
>> than what I normally find myself on - RedHat ES 3
>>
>> Theres a compile issue with Python module which didnt
>> exist on the same platform with 2.0.5 - but I'll ignore
>> that one for now - the important part is the base daemon
>> itself:
>>
>> /usr/src/freeradius-server-2.1.1/libtool --mode=compile gcc  -g -O2
-D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -Wall >-D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG
-I/usr/src/freeradius-server-2.1.1/src -DHOSTINFO=\"i686-pc-linux-gnu\"
>-DRADIUSD_VERSION=\"2.1.1\"  -DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5  -c listen.c
>>  gcc -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE
-DNDEBUG >-I/usr/src/freeradius-server-2.1.1/src
-DHOSTINFO=\"i686-pc-linux-gnu\" -DRADIUSD_VERSION=\"2.1.1\"
-DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5 >-c listen.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/listen.o
>> listen.c:99:1: directives may not be used inside a macro argument
>
>  Yuck.  That assert can simply be deleted.
>
>  Alan DeKok.

Hi Alan,

pls. give me a little hint, what exact can be deleted ?

--
Thoralf Freitag
Manager Health Services System Administration

Phone:  +49 (0) 30 68905-4611
Cellular:+49 (0) 151 1631-4611
Fax:        +49 (0) 30 68905-2940
Mail:      Thoralf.Freitag at biotronik.com

www.biotronik.com

BIOTRONIK GmbH & Co. KG
Woermannkehre 1, 12359 Berlin, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRA 6501

Vertreten durch ihre Komplementärin:
BIOTRONIK Mess- und Therapiegeräte GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRB 2918
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Max Schaldach, Christoph Böhmer, Dr. Werner Braun,
Dr. Lothar Krings

This email and the information it contains including attachments are
confidential and meant only for use by the intended recipient(s);
disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are not addressed,
but in the possession of this email, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the document.