Problem in using counters

Saeed Akhtar saeedakhtar.484 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 15:37:28 CET 2008

Hi all,

  I have upgraded to Freeradius ver 2.1.1. I want to use counter (using sql)
so I added counter.conf in modules, nonresetcounter, dailycounter and
monthlycounter in authorize section in default. Also added an entry in
radcheck Username=123, attribute = Max-Daily-Session , op = := ,Value = 100.

  Now when I execute radius and send auth packet for user=123 it goes to
sql_rlm and ends up with following error:

rlm_sql: Failed to create the pair: Invalid octet string "100" for attribute
name "Max-Daily-Session"

rlm_sql (sql): Error getting data from database

[sql] SQL query error; rejecting user

And then it sends Accept-Reject reply

Can anyone tell me where is the problem???
Regards,

Saeed Akhtar