Checking NAS-Identifier in the radgroupcheck table

super_tomtom super_tomtom at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 18:15:06 CEST 2008

Hi !
I am actually setting up a freeradius server that will manage authentication
from different places (hotels actually).
I am just a beginner toward that technology, and i have one problem :
I need to create some accounts that can be enabled at different places: for
example you have an account in a hotel in London, then you could use the
same account in another hotel of the same chain in ... Madrid for example.
But, you could not not use this account in another hotel using the same
solution (all my hotels will talk to the same freeradius server).
... I hope you understand my English, sorry about that...
So here is the point: I need to check for each account in the radcheck table
where does the Access-Request comes from. As some of the NAS will get their
IP dynamically from their ISP, I cannot use the NAS-IP-Address parameter, so
I would like to use the NAS-Identifier.
As some of my accounts could be active for requests coming from several NAS,
I thought I could use the radgroupcheck table, in a way like that :

radgroupcheck table :
groupname   |   attribute             |   op   |   value
myGroup       |   NAS-Identifier   |   ==   |   myNASName

This parameter works in the radcheck tables, if the request comes from a
wrong NAS Identifier freeradius sends a Access-Reject, but in the
radgroupcheck table, nothing happens ...

Does anyone have an idea about that ?
Thanks !