FW: FreeRadius

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Thu Oct 2 13:00:55 CEST 2008

>One counting period meaning beginning of month?

Month, week, day, doesn't matter. Query is the same for all.

>So it should be:
>
>query = "SELECT SUM(AcctInputOctets + AcctOutputOctets) FROM radacct
>WHERE UserName='%{%k}' AND UNIX_TIMESTAMP(AcctStartTime) > '%b'"
>
>If I want to allow users say 1Gb per month limit that gets reset every
>month.
>(In other words no cary over of data)
>
>And:
>query = "SELECT SUM(AcctInputOctets + AcctOutputOctets) FROM radacct
>WHERE UserName='%{%k}' AND UNIX_TIMESTAMP(AcctStartTime) +
>AcctSessionTime > '%b'"
>
>If I want them to be able to use there unused data from previous month + new
>data limit?

No. Not unused but data used in a session that started in one period and
continued into the next one. Lets say today is the last of the month.
User starts the session today and finishes tomorrow morning. Is that
data counting towards the new months limit? Or not? If it does leave
AcctSessionTime in, if it doesn't - take it out.

If you want to carry over unused allowance you alter the check-name
parameter. Instead of that value being constant (1GB in your example)
you would add whatever is left from previous month and insert that as
the value for the counter.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Infromatika ISP