EAP-TTLS first connection works, other won't

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Oct 3 08:55:30 CEST 2008

Giovanni Lovato wrote:
> I set up freeradius 2.1.1 for EAP-TTLS, on Debian Lenny. As client I'm
> using Ubuntu. When I try to connect, first user, (on the logs, "heruan")
> connect successfully, but subsequent users (e.g. "jamila") won't. If I
> restart freeradius, and try to connect first with "jamila" and then with
> "heruan", "jamila" connects and "heruan" doesn't. The only error I'm
> able to see on the log is:
>
> 798:[ttls] FAIL: Forcibly stopping session resumption as it is not allowed.

  ?  Session resumption is done on a per-user basis.  Session resumption
for one user does NOT affect other users.

  The only way that this can happen is if you use one user name for the
first session, and then using the *same* SSL data, try to authenticate
using a different User-Name.

  All I can say is I can't reproduce this on my system.