compile freeradius 2.1.1 with eap-tls mysql openldap openssl

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Oct 5 08:54:11 CEST 2008

Broussard Philippe wrote:
> I try to compile freeradius with mysql and openldap aned eap-tls.
> Mysql and Openssl and Openldap are compiled with sources
>
> I use this configure's command line :
>
> CFLAGS="-I/opt/mysql/include -I/opt/openssl/include"
> LDFLAGS="-L/opt/mysql/lib -L/opt/openssl/lib" ./configure
> --prefix=/opt/freeradius-server-2.2.11
> --localstatedir=/data/freeradius-server --with-threads --with-openssl

  You don't need all of those "--with-foo" and "--enable-foo" options.
The configure process automatically figures it out.

> I must have an error (syntax or not) in this line but i don't see.

  No.

> checking for OpenSSL support... no
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_tls.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_tls requires: OpenSSL.

  See config.log for why it can't find OpenSSL.

> checking for ldap_init in -lldap_r... yes
> checking for ldap.h... yes
> checking for ldap_start_tls_s... yes
> checking for ldap_initialize... yes
> checking for ldap_int_tls_config... yes

  It can find the LDAP libraries.

> checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient_r... no
> configure: WARNING: MySQL libraries not found. Use
> --with-mysql-lib-dir=<path>.
> checking for mysql/mysql.h... yes
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_mysql.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_mysql requires: libmysqlclient_r.

  So... it libmysqlclient_r installed on the system?

  It can find some of the libraries it needs, so your system isn't
completely broken.