Conversion to Version 2

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Oct 6 11:22:27 CEST 2008

Doug Hardie wrote:
> Thats not that big a deal as for the basic stuff, the code is quite
> straight forward.  However, the bigger issue is for modules.  The wiki
> page is still completely oriented towards version 1 as I have never
> tried version 2.  What has to be changed with modules to use them with
> version 2?

  A fair bit.  But much of it should be simple renaming of functions.  A
lot of "librad_*" names have moved to "fr_*", etc.  The main module
structure has changed a little.

  But the basic functioning of the module is pretty much the same.
There are still authorize, etc. functions which take the same arguments.

> I suspect that the wiki page will quickly lose its value
> otherwise.

  Feel free to update the Wiki.