Help with Framed-IP-Address attribute

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 7 08:19:43 CEST 2008

Tchavdar Paskov wrote:
> nothing interesting here you'll probably say./ i thought the same /.
> Framed-IP-Address = 46.50.57.49  is the record that drives me mad and
> here is the reason.

  Like EVERYTHING in RADIUS accounting, the accounting records are
generated by the NAS.  In this case, FreeSwitch.  If there's a weird IP
address in the accounting record, it's because FreeSwitch is adding it
to the accounting packet, and then sending that packet to FreeRADIUS.

> My understanding is that Framed-IP-Address should represent the
> orriginating IP address.

  It's whatever address FreeSwitch puts in the packet.

> my lab is running entirely  on private network  192.168.1.0 . i'm not
> connecting to the freeswitch  from  public ip  and the worse of all  i
> have no idea where  46.50.57.49 comes from. To make the confision
> complete  this record is present  in all radius generated records  no
> matter  what  equipment/network settings i'm using to generate the calls.
> If somebody  can  tell me what is wrong  i'll highly apreciate it.

  Ask this question on the Freeswitch list.